Monday 21 February 2011

Been having kittens all day

Not literally :)

My eight year old (with Aspergers) spent his first full monday at his mainstream school today, and will be doing the same tomorrow. Until now, he has only ever spent all day friday and the mornings in mainstream before being bussed over to his special school for the afternoon sessions.

I am so pleased for him but have been so nervous all day wondering how he's been getting on.

When I picked him up he looked so excited at the prospect of coming home with me and his brother (as opposed to the special school bus).

I had to laugh though, when I spoke with his teacher he asked if he was getting to spend the afternoon on the computer, to which she replied, "No, you're spending the afternoon doing work."

If it goes well, I expect he'll be in full time mainstream from the start of the next school year, so fingers crossed. .

No comments:

Post a Comment