Friday 6 May 2011

Tutorials (Hummie's World).

As you may have read I've been busy over at Hummie's world (inbetween making layouts for my CT commitments), and signed up for course 1: Getting started, even though there is a fair amount I already know.

Yesterday, I got as far as lesson 6g, and discovered there was more than one way to recolour an element/paper, that there's a way to recolour a specific colour whereas I have so far been recolouring an entire element, seeing as I didn't know any better.

To complete this lesson, we had to make a layout using the recolouring technique, so I used a layout I made using 'Bee Happy', and this is what I came up with;



I recoloured the paper using the Hue/Saturation option on my Photoshop CS3, and a couple of the element using the recolour brush and playing around with more colours, but I'm pleased with the results. I just need to practice a bit more on elements that have different shades of the same colour.

I'll tell you this though, the $5.50 monthly subscription at Hummie's World is going to be the best money I've spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment